Saturday, August 21, 2010

PAYA

PAYA


Today I went to the amazing PAYA (Brining more YA to PA) event in West Chester, PA. Upon walking in a long table of books greeted me, and I was immediately won over. Just the sight of one book is enough to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, and seeing that many books in one place and knowing that I would soon meet the authors... Well, it was a pretty good feeling. I purchased quite a few books and spent a bit more money than I'd like to admit, but it was all for a good cause (supporting libraries across PA). At first I was a little bit intimidated. I, plain old me, stood in a room full of successful, brilliant published authors, not to mention the proprietor of one of my favorite blogs. Don't worry, it all turned out okay. Stephanie Kuehnert (author of I Wanna be your Joey Ramone and Ballads of Suburbia) greeted me and asked me what I like to read. During the first hour, I met Shannon Delany (13 to Life), Jeri Smith-Ready (Shade), Dianne Salerni (We Hear the Dead), Jennifer Murgia (Angel Star), Shelena Shorts (The Pace), and Cyn Balog (Fairy Tale, Sleepless). I also met a very cool book blogger, Michelle of Michelle's Minions. The second hour brought encounters with Amy Brecount White (Forget-Her-Nots), Chelsea Swiggett (Rae), Kieryn Nicolas (Rain), Ellen Jensen Abbott (Watersmeet), and Holly Nicole Hoxter (The Snowball Effect). All of the authors were wonderful and graciously signed multiple bookmarks for me so that I could have a little giveaway on my blog (details to come). I really enjoyed meeting all of the authors, but Kieryn Nicolas sticks out in my mind because she is only fifteen and she already has a published book. Chelsea Swiggett sticks out as well, especially since she wore a Hunger Games t-shirt (Down with the Capitol!). I also enjoyed meeting Ellen Jensen Abbott for the third time (she remembered me!!!!). To top it all off, I won an ARC of Dark Goddess by Sarwat Chadda, along with some swag! Anyway, I could continue to gush about PAYA all night, (believe me when I say that I gushed and squealed to my friends and family already), but I know that you probably don't want to hear my drivel. I can't wait for PAYA next year! In the meantime, I have some reading to do!
Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera to the event, so I only have pictures of the books and swag, not the authors. Keep in mind that some of this could soon be yours!

2 comments:

  1. Green with envy! I plan on going to KidlitCon 2010 in October, so hopefully I can have a similarly wonderful experience.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete